Saturday, September 6, 2008

Israeli Countryside






In this scene I explored two different techniques for creating texture maps:
(note: the environment renders above don't reflect the success of the normal maps generated)
top texture image - I created some quick geometry and applied a texture. Then I baked out the diffuse and normal map. The 4th rectangle in this image is a snap from the maya viewport with a realtime light on a flat plane. The entire process was fast and very successful.
bottom texture image - Here I took some tileable diffuse maps that I created using photo reference and applied them to a plane in zbrush. After sculpting the subdivided surfaces using a combination of brushes I baked out the normal maps. The bottom row of images are the results of the diffuse + normal maps applied to a plance in Maya with a realtime light